Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Military life: bad news

I write this post with tears in my eyes.

I woke up this morning to text and emails checking on my husband. Everyone remembered he was on the Mahan and it's all over the news today.

Last night around 11:20 a shooting occured on the ship. A sailor was shot, as was the man who shot that sailor. I can't help but cry this morning. We don't know who it is yet but I can't help but imagine it being a close friend. My heart aches for the familes and shipmates attached to the ship. I can't imagine how the ordeal went down but it's terrifying.

Living the military lifestyles brings bad news very often. I know many fellow wives and friends in the service are always complaining about bad news. Sometimwsw its something terribly small but others itsr crazy happenings like the shooting. You have to take it one day at a time and keep a positive mindset.

Today we recieved the worst news since Chance joined the Navy and I know when he gets home it will weigh heavy on us. I ask everyone to send prayers to the sailors and all of their families. Keep them in your thoughts and hug your loved ones extra close today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me whatcha think :)