Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Great Cloth Diaper Change 2014

We spent our Saturday helping break a world record!

This past Saturday we joined our local cloth diaper retailer, Diaper Junction,  in helping raise awareness for cloth diapering. Diaper Junction was one of 324 participating host in 23 different countries.

There was a lot of great vendors at the event. Our local baby wearing group was there and I finally had the chance to speak to some of the ladies in charge. They were really sweet and inviting. I look forward to joining them and expanding my knowledge on wraps. I also spoke with a local breastfeeding support group. We chatted about B and how he had a tongue tie and I ended up leaving with some valuable information about getting it lasered.

At exactly 11 AM 84 moms and dads changed their little one's diaper. It was a really cool experience for us. It was nice to be around so many other moms that cloth diaper. Chance tagged along and he was awesome. He's a really big supporter of mine and this event was no different. He took pictures and encouraged me to purchase a new brand of diaper I've been dying to try.

This day was not only record breaking it was also bitter sweet. It was the Diaper Junction's last day as a brick and morter store. We purchased our first Bumgenius from them and I truly enjoyed visiting every so often. The ladies were always great and helped educate new moms on all of the benefits of cloth diapering.

We can't wait to hear the final count for diapers changed and hopefully we'll be able to participate in years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me whatcha think :)