Monday, March 10, 2014

Weekend review

This weekend we were SO lazy. I had no motivation even though I was sick of staring at our walls.

Friday always starts our weekends. Chance gets off at lunch so we get ample time to get out a do a few things. It was freezing but we managed to scout out a few homes in the area. Never thought we'd go for townhome but it's becoming an option. We picked up About Time (AUHmazing) on the way home and spent the night watching that and baking pretzels. I'll have to post the recipe because they were awesome!

Saturday we woke up super early thanks to B. We spent our morning lounging and finally got ready to go. We had no idea where to go but ended up at Mt. Trashmore with a kite. My husband sucks at kite flying. B wanted to play on the pkayground so bad but there was so many older kids who obviously wouldn't pay attention to him. We ended up grabbing snow cones and dog watching in the sun. We ended our day with yet another movie, Despicable Me 2, and some couch cuddles.

Yesterday we laid around until 3... I know I know, we are lazy! I decided we should hit up a local ice cream shop (Handle's) we had seen on TV. I wasn't disappointed at all. I LOVE ice cream and it hit the spot. We chose to look at a few more houses on the way home and were very disappointed on price point. I hate the cost of living here.

We had a pretty great weekend. We've been trying to budget so we spent as little money as possible and still had a great weekend. B loved getting out and it was great to see some sun.

2 comments:

  1. Is living on base not an option?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cost of living in base housing is $500 more than what we already pay so definitely not an option or even a thought with all the mold and robbery issues.

      Delete

Tell me whatcha think :)