Thursday, February 13, 2014

Sleep training

We had our 18 month check up yesterday!

B is giant but we also got questionable news. B refuses to eat and he won't sleep in his bed. We've tried esdential oils, moving his bed into our room, and converting it to a toddler bed. Nothing has worked. I mentioned my concerns to the doctor and listened attentivly to her advice.

Turn his door knob around and lock him in his room. Bolt the furniture to the wall and let him cry and fight until he falls asleep. I must admit this upsets me a little. I know he cries for my attention... that isn't a secret. I hate hearing him cry for me. I just want to love and cuddle him whenever he tries to show me affection. 

My husband and I are both tired of sharing our bed. We literally get zero time together. B has to have us to fall asleep and wakes as soon as we sneak away. Call us selfish if you must. I'm ready to snuggle my husband again. And I'm not even going to pretend this isn't partly about sex because it is.

We plan to start this new method this weekend. I'm upset about it but with baby #2 on the way B has to be a big boy. I can't have two little ones waking all hours of the night.

If anyone has any words of advice we'd love to hear it.

2 comments:

  1. No advice, but goodluck! I hope it work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh, sucks. do what you think it right. doctors recommendations aren't the law!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me whatcha think :)